Saturday 9 May 2020

Reissue of my first poetry book 'Return to Kemptown'



Amazing to believe, but it’s been 10 years since I released my first full length poetry book ‘Return to Kemptown’.

I remember when I produced that book, most of it was done in a mad burst of five or so months from the end of 2009 into 2010 after discovering lulu.com (A print on demand service) and was talked into doing a book. I had no real plans at that stage apart from simply performing my poetry here, there and everywhere which I was doing and just thought it would be fun to produce a book.

It was a hap hazard of starting off my publishing career and I can remember completely getting the book wrong with all kinds of formatting errors you wouldn’t believe and spelling errors that a teenage boy would have done better than what I did.

However, from that I produced a book which I regarded as a rough diamond which had pieces that I had requests to read out years and years ago including Forgotten Hero and Edge of the world with Billy McKenzie, parts of which led into what came next with my second The End of Summer.
Coming up to 10 years since I first published the book, instead of just bringing the book back into print after it disappeared. Now to celebrate its tenth anniversary, Return to Kemptown (2020) is as much a re-edit and re-imagining but an alternative look at this first book bringing it closer to what came next with his future work with rare and unreleased material from the same period. Return to Kemptown (2020) shows Andy N as a writer subtly able to slip back to the past as effortlessly as a dreamer and take it in a somewhat different direction but still reminding fresh and engaging as it did in 2010.

The book can be purchased from Amazon on:

A kindle version will follow next few weeks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment