Friday 9 October 2020

Sonnets for Shakespeare reading



Not one for bigging myself up as I would much rather my words do that for themselves which I like to think they do, but the enclosed poem below has appeared as parts for the Sonnets for Shakespeare and I got invited to read it at the launch tonight.

I'll share the poem in a second but some of the comments I got were:

What really pleased me was the feedback I got afterwards which included the following praise:


There is such an anger in this work x

Sam Egelstaff


Outstanding!

Rebecca Salomonsson 


Very well performed, Andy

John F Keane 


A beautiful Volta/change of tone in the end x

Sam Egelstaff 



Very strong stuff Andy -and yes - vivid

Jenny Robb 


Nice one Andy

Ian Henery 


Well done - it was great.  Loved the simmering emotion in it!

Charlotte Kearns


The poem can be read here https://www.sonnetsforshakespeare.co.uk/the-anthology/thesoundofsilence

No comments:

Post a Comment