Friday 10 December 2021

The art in trying to find the right Podcast (Part 6)


 









Onto Part 6, the next one is a simple tip for approaching Podcasts and to give the gentleman he sent me a nice message back with my feedback.

The note was the following (I’ve changed the name of the book slightly)

Hi, I have a new book called Dead Person, which was just released by V**** D** Entertainment. You can learn more about the book here: Website.

Would love to come on your show and talk about it. Thanks, D***”

Yeah, not a lot to go off there really and the profile on Matchmaker.fm was just as vague.

A tip for everybody wishing to go on Podcasts to provide a little bit more information than what they have as to get people to go and look at any websites you list, you have to list something to draw people into looking at it and to be honest I get a fair few approaches so I want something that interests me from the approach to draw me in.

This doesn’t sadly.

I sent a message back being nice saying after politely declining him adding in addition “Also as a tip, you should consider rewriting your approach letter as this gives nothing away about your book and i suspect you would get more interest if you improved your covering letter - a good tip would be to personalite your messages to people showing you know exactly what their Podcast is and why you would like to come onto it. Good luck Spoken Label”

The guy was nice enough to send a thank you. 

Hopefully he'll listen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment