Tuesday 15 November 2022

Release off 7th full length poetry book - Dock Leaves

 












I first started working for the back office for a Court Building in August 2012 and left a little over ten years later at the start of October in 2022.

After working for the Co-operative for five and a half years from 2006 to 2011, I have to be honest and at the time of joining them I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to work long term for another company after the way my job at the Co-operative fizzled out.

It is also worth stating at the time of joining I was newly diabetic after becoming Diabetic in August of 2011 and still hadn’t at that stage got it under control and was quite vulnerable emotionally and physically what I could and couldn’t do.

Joining the Court through a agency, I was told it would be ongoing temporary and I was left there thinking I wasn’t sure, perhaps I would do it for a few months maybe six while looking for a more permanent role.

After 9 months, it became apparent that the Court wanted me to work for them for a fixed term contract away from the agency and I entered this after twelve months then after another year it went permanent and before I knew it, ten years had passed and the building I worked in I got advised was going to close and the staff that were still there was going to be transferred across a call centre (which I had no interest in working for).

Over this ten year period, even though I rarely actually attended court itself I however heard lots of stories, some of which clearly were myths, some were little more than gags / jokes and some were well.. I’ll let you decide for yourself.

This book was developed and wrote slowly over a number of years and looks at things from a different way that perhaps isn’t covered as much as normally you see in the press.

This is a book where going to Court isn’t a joke, it is a experience that very few people get to experience on a regular basis that can only be looked at from the inside.

This is a story which looks at the system with a sense of humour that can only seen be from the inside not the outside.

The book is available at all of the usual places including Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment