Monday 29 March 2021

Underground Haiku - a little background

 












I first started writing Haikus it has to be said last year properly, although I had attempted it at least twice before at university many years ago and once before without success. As soon as we went into lockdown last year, my first plan was to finish off several incomplete manscripts which had being dangling around for some time before then deciding I needed to learn another poetry form.


Haiku was not my first choice it had to be said, but after discovering a wonderful poetry group on facebook called ‘The Daily Haiku’ it peaked my interest and I knew within doing my first few Haiku’s, I had to set them all in their own world.


‘Underground Haiku’ came from this original thought and covered a lot of my travels during this time of the emptiness and loneilness in train stations and the places around it.


‘Underground Haiku’ is 50 haiku’s linked together looking at people’s lives taking pictures of them with a few words instead of a camera to help build up a greater understanding of the way life has changed over the past year.


The book can be purchased from Amazon. The UK address for it is:


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Underground-Haiku-Journeys-underground-ebook/dp/B08YHLGZ9K/ref=sr_1_1?crid=JXDD7JVZY600&dchild=1&keywords=andy+n+underground+haiku&qid=1617045446&sprefix=Andy+N+U%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-1


You can see me reading out a few of the pieces from the book here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxpe0v0pAR0&t=1s

No comments:

Post a Comment