Tuesday 28 December 2021

Covid 19

 










Some sad news today which gives me no pleasure in talking about, but sadly I have contracted Covic 19.

Of course, it is impossible to prove off who I got this from or where, but all evidence points to Pizza Hut near Vicar Hut in Bradford and a review has being posted on Google, Trip Advisor etc stating the following “We went here on Christmas Eve while in the area and found the full experience a total nightmare to be honest.

First of all, the staff we spoke to were all lovely but stressed and the food arrived within a reasonable period and was reasonable to good I guess.

However, it was way over crowded and had loads of children running around not always supervised.

In a world where we are still having lots of Covid 19 problems, surely to god surely shouldn't the restaurant be showing some common sense with the amount of people it had in there instead of having people almost sat on each other knees.

A dreadful experience resulting in us both leaving without ordering a desert which my wife nearly always orders.

I have now also tested positive for Covid 19, which although I cannot prove came from Pizza Hut, but knowing how careful we both are, we both very much suspect it came from there and will not be going there again.

Without undertaking the risk of getting a summons from Pizza Hut, I suspect we did get this from Pizza Hut after a frankly dreadful experience. Over the two times in the past we have being there, we have gone to Frankie and Bennies which has now shut and was a much better, professional experience but this has now shut and Nandos if you read around has hit problems over the quality of their food (Nothing to do with me) and that night it was telling as it was very quiet in contrast to the packed Pizza Hut which often had during our half a hour stay outside there 8 to 10 people queuing to get there.

Not a experience I want to repeat again.

Day Three of this (I am on Day Three off this despite typing the first half yesterday) I have not being great with several of the major symptoms for it, and sadly it looks like Amanda is starting too go down it too but is currently on the Lat Flow tests for two days and both have said negative, we are both concerned this will change shortly.

I’ll keep off the topic of the day job but hope I’ll be able to work from home next week when my breathing is better, perhaps returning to the office but in the meantime, I can say already Amanda and me will be unable to do Speak Easy – our monthly spoken word open mic night at Dulicmer’s Chorlton Cum Hardy on Thursday 06 May 2022. More details to follow on that but all being well the night will be still happening.

Thankfully I am resting from Podcasting at the moment for the rest of December, and do not have anything scheduled until January so will have to see how I feel then. Several have being recorded and these will carry on being released from the start of January as I was recorded right up to the end of December and as soon as we are both fit, we will be recording both Reading in Bed in January episodes as soon as both of our voices hold up (or I can edit them enough).

In the meantime, facing isolation in-between struggling with severe coughing, sneezing and bursts in and out of bed (which I am going to back to shortly) I am going to attempt doing bits of music as both Ocean in a Bottle and Distance and getting cracking (Energy permitting) work on my 1st novel and novella (I can’t talk about them yet) but mostly just vanish from the world again after protecting ourselves as better we could get for Xmas and go down ill straight after is not fun.

Stay safe

Andy N

No comments:

Post a Comment