I went down to Jamie McIntyre, a young artist from Manchester, Uk for his debut exhibition on Friday 10th May 2013 at Bar 2022NQ which can be found at the Basement, 20, Dale Street, Manchester, M1 1EZ.
I was approached by Tracey, Jaime's mum recently to write a poem about one of the pictures as was Tracy's partner, Jeff and my partner in A means to an End and great fun it was.
Here are a few pictures from the exhibition with my poems (and Jeff's).
Try and pop over if you can as the exhibiton only runs until 16th May 2013.
Sunday, 12 May 2013
Thursday, 9 May 2013
Sorry for the quietness but as always my life has been busy over the past month or two mostly sorting out my engagement do with Cathy.
However, have found time to squeeze in the following:
1) My project with Amanda Silbernagel has been a little quiet as I know Amanda has been busy. However we are working on a remix which I hope to share next few weeks.
2) Aside from a un-announced appearance at my engagement do, a means to an end have been quiet apart from doing 30 minutes at a night called words v music at the beginning of April. Next gig for me which will be another full set will happen at Open Mind at the end of June (More details to follow)
3) Throughout April, as part of Napwimo (National Poetry writing month) I did a poem a day on this blog (http://30poemsin30days2013.blogspot.co.uk/) and printed them in a low key book (http://www.lulu.com/shop/andy-n/30-poems-in-30-days-2013/paperback/product-20998224.html) . Over this month I am hoping to get some time to sit down and start revising some of these.
4) Guitar and Verse in May was a little quiet maybe, but it didn’t hide the quality of the acts on the open mike and also the excellent headline sets by my buddy in A Means to an End, Petrova Fairhust and a excellent new band Blue Zen. I did two poems on the night ‘Edge of the world with Billy McKenzie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvQ-ONu0gTo) and Final Poem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg9yvabhYxU). I am next performing at Write out Loud, Stockport next week and then at the end of the month (last Thursday) a charity reading for a gent called John Dawson as a fundraiser for Parkinson’s disease.
5) Hopefully too, I will find time to return to my novel ‘the past’ among all this too.
Tuesday, 7 May 2013
Here is video footage from the last two guitar and verse events in April and May 2013 featuring footage of most of the acts:
Guitar and Verse, Manchester, May 2013
(Andy N, Edge of the world with Billy Mackenzie)
(Andy N – Final Poem)
(Blue Zen – Drifting)
(Blue Zen – Broken Glass)
(Blue Zen – Sea Clearly)
(Joe the Ranter – the ballad of Joyce Carney aged 38)
(Gordon Zola – autumn leaves)
(Deslexic – I await the day)
(Arthur Chappell – bite)
(Lauren Coulson – leaving home)
(Lauren Coulson – festival)
(The nearly dead poets – unwelcome in the welcome inn)
(Petrova Fairhurst / Andrew Blott – Forsooth!)
(Petrova Fairhurst – the changling)
(Petrova Fairhurst – the legend of willow wight)
(Petrova Fairhurst – regret)
Guitar and Verse, Manchester April 2013
(A Means to an end – forgotten her0)
(Andy N – forgotten voices of the holocaust)
(Lauren Coulson – untitled)
(Lauren Coulson – from Manchester with love)
(Antonioni – flying over Liverpool)
(Gordon Zola – labour’s in the shite)
(Baz – a boy named Kim)
(Arthur Chappell – sheer naked terror)
(Joe the ranter – I’m proud to be vegan)
(Joe the ranter – Rochdale)
(Tom George – dance with my shadow)
(Tom George – untitled)
(the nearly dead poets and Tom George – Once I’ve been a woman)
(Nick armbister – Joan Jett)
(Nick armbister – only you)
(Nick armbister – epica)