Monday 28 March 2022

Book Review: Ciara Shuttleworth - Rabbit Heart

 












I first spoke to Ciara Shuttleworth last year for my poetry podcast 'Spoken Label' last year (available on all of the usual networks including) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BAW... and although I did know her work, I certainly hadn't read all of her books by any kind of thought which came later on over the second half of last year and into this year.

Rabbit Heart, her 1st collection is a really striking book which has all kind of reference points I could pick up from Whitman and Dickinson which compared it elsewhere in 'Theory and Practice,' where Shuttleworth writes 'The waves are writing a love letter / in cursive, alluring,' and 'pull from the depths synonyms for love in their wire cages.' but within it always carries a feel of honesty with always clear and clever images throughout and is well worth your time picking up a copy.

It's a book I have being re-reading over and over for 8 months plus and I am still finding new meanings to bit ever now.

Impressive,

10/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment