Sunday 5 February 2023

Book Review - A terrible fall of Angels - Laurell K Hamilton


 










 First book read off 2023 and sadly not a particularly good one it has be said.

I have generally been enjoying Laurell’s Anita Blake series even though it has its up and downs somewhat over the years but did feel it has been coming back onto form over the past few years.

This book clearly a design for the Author to start off with another series taking us into a new series t to meet Zaniel Havelock, a man with the special ability to comminate directly with angels and it gets off to a really good start and I read the 50 or so pages over a night and a half and sadly then I struggled as unlike the Anita Blake series, I struggled with the characters plain and simply finding Havelock a particularly unlikeable character and more importantly I found them devoid of personality and when I finished the book which was a heck of a struggle, I didn’t really understand his motives or indeed him as a character which is a major fault.

Some of the Anita Blake books certainly had got too sex based true and although this book thankfully doesn’t have any of that, it doesn’t have the movement that made the Anita Blake earlier books certainly enjoyable and I am not talking about action, more of the actual movement between scenes, it felt choppy and sadly a massive disappointment and took me over a month to read.

4/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment