Monday 6 June 2011

Week Commencing 6th June 2011




















Bit more of a eventful week this week than last week which was if I am honest as much a rest as possible from poetry performing and writing etc.

Tonight first of all, I am attending the ‘Pass on a Poem’ event in Manchester which I think happens quarterly. I like attending the ‘Pass on a poem’ event partly because it happens at Manchester City Library which is about 15 minutes away from where I work walk, but also because it’s a nice way sometimes of discovering
writing you previously haven’t heard off. I’m tonight going to be reading two poems from a new writer to me called Antony Owen who is a Coventry based poet who has just brought out his second collection of Poetry called ‘The Dreaded Boy’. It should be great fun.

Tuesday night, I’m meeting with Jeffarama from my band, where I guess we will be having a natter and maybe a rehearsal for a Means to an End and have a discussion about a few other projects. (More details to follow).

Nothing planned for Wednesday as it stands (although band rehearsals may get shifted to Wednesday). Which-ever way, it happens – I aim to try to do some revision on a poem or two on the free night.

Thursday night, I am aiming to pop down to another occasional night at Manchester Musceum on Oxford Road called ‘Poetic Inspirations’. This only happens occasionally there at 6.30pm, so am hoping to use it to test a few newish pieces in prep for other readings.

No idea yet about the Week-end but the week after, it’ll be W.O.L. Stockport which I will be looking forward to as always.

Last week also before I forget with Guitar and Verse was pretty good also on 2nd July 2011 with a good crowd of maybe 30 or so to watch a excellent new poet, Laura Taylor and a singer songwriter Jeff knows called James Johnson. Looking forward to the July one featuring a pal of mine, Avital all the way from Israel (viva Berlin) again.

Have a good week all.

No comments:

Post a Comment