Wednesday 2 November 2011

Latest news and views - 2nd November 2011

Dear all;

Never seem to get much time for much at the moment blogwise even though I am temporary out of work.

It’s crazy as you would think I would get time for blogging almost every day, but sadly it never happens that way, so in bite sized chunks here is what I am up to:

1)    I am currently mixing together a few low key little books which you will be able to buy off lulu.com fairly soon off earlier material / projects which are now complete. I won’t be stocking these myself as I want these a little low key. These projects are:

a)    The heart beats like a lonely wolf – a joint book with a poet called ‘Le Vampire’. I first met Le Vampire just before she joined my band Wordmusic in 2009 and it was one of those natural meetings of mind if you know what I mean as her gothic style literature in places really seemed to click with me and over some crazy writing spells, a number of really interesting pieces of work came out.

b)   Words and Paintings.. I met a Russian painter at the beginning of 2010 called Olga Gerke and we have spent the past 18 months or so with me writing lots of poems based directly on her paintings. This has proved a major challenge simply because of the stories within it were stories that I wouldn’t always write about.

c)    Brief Encounters (Selected performance poems 2004 – 2009) – this is a book of more performance or lighter material from 2004 to 2009 that was partly covered in my first proper book ‘Return to Kemptown’ but looks at the lighter side of my work from that period.

Gig wise, it is the following:

1)    Guitar and Verse, Salford Crescent tomorrow 3rd November 2011 featuring Quiet Rebellion and Michael Wilson, two acts who I really like and both of which I think deserve some of your time. Doors open 7.30pm and I will be knocking round no doubt panicing over the running order.
.
2)    The second of mine and Amanda Speakman’s new creative writing workshop ‘Writers of the third kind’ is on next Wednesday also at the Sweet Green Traven next Wednesday starting from 7pm to 9pm. Here we will be doing a series of new writing exercises etc for people to tackle etc. The first was a hoot – hopefully the second will be also.

3)    The week after that I shall be at Write Out Loud, Stockport where I hope the weather will be somewhat better. Starting at 7pm at Stockport Art Gallery etc.

More to come after that too..

No comments:

Post a Comment