Friday 20 June 2014

Latest News and Views - 20 June 2014

Project with Amanda Silbernagel:

Since my last update, Amanda has sent me over three new possible pieces, and I am currently at work on some new piano based pieces for her in reverse. All three of her poems considering I don’t think she has wrote anything for a good 18 months at least are excellent and I am excited to get working on our Debut EP.

I think our official debut EP will likely happen before the end of Summer / early Autumn under a new name which I forget what we agreed on but defo watch this space.

Twisted Promise:

I recently (last Friday) met up with a young writer who I will just call Rosa for the moment and who I think is now going to write Part 6 for the play. I’ve seen her ideas for it, and the outline she has sent after discussions with Paul is almost good enough to perform in our minds and this is without re-drafting and stuff.

I’m around halfway through Part 5 off it, and hope to complete it in July, and if everything goes to plan we will be able to start looking at production over Autumn / Winter and maybe have on stage early next year.

Excited (:

Oceans in a bottle:

Official debut EP ‘Huriance in a bottle’ is complete. Will upload on bandcamp next month some point and in a ideal world then start looking for other net labels to host future releases / tracks on comps etc.

A Means to an End:

After doing 2 gigs in May and 2 in June. I think July will be a lot quieter apart from a possible radio session and a monthly rehearsal. I am in the process of sorting it out so my keyboard can be used live. If this works out, that will make a appearance shortly.

The gigs we however did certainly at Darwen Live and Salford’s The Crescent were among my favourites to date, and am defo looking forward to August’s.and into Autumn’s gigs.

I do have some live footage to go through from our last gig, last Saturday at the Cadence Festival so watch this space.

Solo Poetry:

Currently gearing myself up for my first solo spot under my new name, so watch this space.

Published Work:

As stated before, I am plotting to start performing under a alias. Andy N besides been in a Means to an End and also studio projects, now is really more of a page poet / writer with occasional ventures onto the mike.

On a publishing front, my little chapbook Mystery Story is due out over the weekend through Orgami Press.

Since I last wrote, I’ve had 7 poems (Staircase in the Wind, Translation, End of the World, Stutter, Wrestling in Darkess, Sunset comes too soon and Descent) all published in a journal called The junkyard procession which I am pleased over.

Next up, in a journal called The Lake in July two of my poems ‘Days’ and ‘Lost’ will be appearing and probably in August, Lost Coast Review will publish ‘Wind across the fences’, ‘Mystery Story’, ‘Next Summer’ and ‘Cages’.

I have other stuff pending and am currently processing work from my last writing workshop also which no doubt will be doing the rounds shortly also.

I am also plotting out a new poetry book with a friend which I’ll talk about more over the coming months for either 2015 or 2016.

Writers of the third kind:

The last one for Season 3 of the workshop I co run with Manda Lee was on 18th June 2014. It will return probably in September for Season 4, but will hopefully have a special workshop for the Inspire Festival on 23 August 2014. More details to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment