Thursday 27 January 2011

Latest News as of 27th January 2011

poet image


Dear all;

This week has gone somewhat quicker than I expected,
as I planned to type this originally on a Sunday night
and next thing I know it’s Thursday afternoon.  

Anyway, first of all – Half Evil Promotions have
a gig on this Friday coming featuring the beautiful
and talented singer songwriter from Isle of Man,
Clara Barker headlining with able support from
Danny Lipbody and Kate Hannah.

It’s on this Friday 28th January 2011 at Butterflies
bar in Bolton, starting I think at 7.30pm and
admission is a £1 (Get there early enough and
You may well see my new band ‘A Means to
an End’ play a few numbers too).

I know also there is a Guitars and Verse gig
coming up the following week with a headline
act whose name I currently forget on Thursday
which I’ll mention when I next write.

Monday Night was quiet, but Tuesday night
was the latest rehearsal for my band also. Can’t
say too much too yet, but we had the beginnings
of an excellent, excellent piece on the way too
called ‘Memories of Moss Side (1981)’ which
is about the riots in 1981.

Have also now confirmed an additional Half
Evil related event for April 16th 2011 also
in Droylsden.. More details to follow shortly.

And I am also finding time for work on
a new piece about ‘Peterloo’ (which if you don’t
know what this is, research it as it’s interesting
history).

So all go as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment