Tuesday 8 March 2011

Week Commencing 7th March 2011

Week Commencing 07/03/2011

After a busy few weeks, the last few weeks in total contrast has been quiet because I have been ill.

Because I was ill, I ended up missing March’s ‘Guitars and Verse’ and also ‘Friday Night live’ Both at Butterflies in Bolton which are both run by Jeffarama (my buddy in Half Evil promotions) and in the case of Guitars and Verse by both of us and also had to cancel several other bits and pieces we were down for doing.

I have heard on the grapevine both nights went down pretty well and it’s likely I will be back on Sunday 20th March 2011 to support Jeff with Write Out Loud, Bolton where I will probably be performing there (voice permitting).

This week itself will involve a meeting for a charity night on Tuesday night and prepping for next week (Week Commencing 14/03/2011) which will be a fair enough slog all in all (as I will be at W.O.L. Stockport at Stockport Art Gallery hopefully with two brand new pieces to perform), Pass on a Poem @ Manchester City Library, then straight over to Freed Up Poets @ The Green Room (also in Manchester).

There are several things also in the pipeline / maybe’s also now – namely confirmation of an appearance at Chorlton Arts Festival in May 2011 (Date and Venue to be confirmed). An opportunity has also arisen for something at Tameside Arts Festival hopefully in July (as well as another gig I’ll talk about nearer the time) and I have also been in communications with Farnsworth Arts Festival over a possible idea over the summer.

I think Jeff my guitarist and partner in Half Evil Promotions has his fingers in a few other pies at the moment gigswise too including a possible joint gig with ‘Mind’ in Manchester a regular night which is ran at Manchester Buddhist Centre and there is defo going to be a special Guitars and Verse @ Salford Crescent in May 2011.

More to follow as usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment